Tuesday 1 May 2007

New Thinking

My research project seems to have taken a number of twists and turns since the brief was set back in January and yet I am still not 100% satisfied with my subject choice at this stage. I suppose this isn't a completely bad thing as I'm learning about each of my previous choices, which so far have been Research Studios and web/interface design. The good thing is I can feel myself getting closer to what I want to achieve. I'm starting what will hopefully be my final brainstorm of ideas on a subject that is a bit more specific than my previous two.

The problem I felt with my last subject (web/interface design) was that it felt outdated and, after having a discussion with my tutor, we got the feeling it would become more of a boring task rather than something I would continue to enjoy researching. I have started looking through a number of books for some inspiration for the project, in particular 'Area' by Phaidon and Brendan Dawes 'Analog In, Digital Out'. A few new ideas for my project are listed below:

- Innovative CD/DVD Packaging;
- In-depth study into CD-ROM/DVD Interfaces;
- Three Dimensional Type;
- Editorial Design (Magazines/Newspapers) Work of Tom Bodkin;
- Swiss Design (Norm/Martin Woodtli et al). Blurring The Boundaries Between Architecture & Graphic Design. <<< I am really liking the look of this idea at the moment.

No comments: